Watch your favorite 2D and 3D videos in VR with a VRTV VR video player and a cardboard compatible headset! VRTV features beautiful virtual environments and is the only VR video player that supports watching together with a friend on a fully synchronized play.
The VTRV VR video player has great support for all common 3D / 2D formats and modes, including 180, 220, 270 and 360 panoramas and fisheye object projection.
VRTV V Video Player Features:
- Synchronization feature! Enjoy watching movies together with another cardboard friend!
- Subtitles in SRT format with full support for RTL languages, Unicode characters and automatic encoding detection.
- Configurable subtitle size.
- Virtual environment immersion. Take a look at your own home theater or an intriguing cave.
- Controls the player in a great VR UI.
- Next / previous media buttons to switch between videos.
- Fully configurable gamepad and keyboard controls.
- Supports 3D and 2D movies in various formats: side by side (SBS), over and under (OU, top and bottom), panoramic video at 180 (dome), 220, 270 and 360 degrees. Fisheye also supports projection videos.
- General Material Design.
- Uses the latest cardboard SDK with low drift.
- Headset configuration from within the app. Supports several different head trackers, find the one that works best with your phone, and eliminate the flow.
- Streaming files across a network. Open a stream from VRTV or use your file explorer’s favorite browser to open streams in the VRTV VR video player.
- Static video mode. For longer movies, lock the video right in front of you.
VR Button Guide:
- Bottom of the screen: Open the file browser and play controls
- Left of screen: subtitles on / off, text size, sync on / off and screen lock. Read more about sync below!
- Top of the screen: Re-center with timer, SDK re-center (maintain horizontal level), screen-type switch, video type switch (2D / 3D side-by-side, 3D over / under), and fisheye projection toggle.
- Right of screen: screen size and volume
- Synchronization is a feature that keeps the movie in sync between the two movies. To enable sync, first set up the IP of the device you want to sync with Settings / General, where you can find the IPO of your device. Do this on both phones so they have each other’s IP configured.
- Select a video to play. If this is a local video it must be present on both devices.
- In the VR UI, click the “Sync” button on both devices to enable synchronization.
- On any device, start the video by pressing the play button. After a short delay, the movie will start synchronizing play on two devices.
Seeking and network play supported!
Feature suggestions and bug reports are always welcome!
NFC, WRITIRTurnalRepage: Uses Cardboard SDK to set up and save your headset configuration.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Used to detect your device’s IP and display it in sync settings, to help set up synchronized play with another device.
Internet, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Required for media access and streaming to the device.
Note: The VIBRATE permission has not been used and will be removed in the next release.